Wednesday 11 April 2012

A serious blog (for once)

So after deliberating for ages about whether to attend the interview for this other job, despite the fact that I decided I didn’t want or need it anymore, I decided to go, purely for the experience of it. It was only about half way through the interview when I began to learn more about the research they were conducting and about how flexible they could be in terms of working around my two current jobs, that I decided I really actually wanted it!! By this point I was still fairly certain that I could still get the job, as I’m usually really good when it comes to interviews, that was until they then surprised me by asking a seemingly random statistics question. As I had didn’t have an interview for my other research assistant, this was my first one and I wasn’t expecting these types of questions at all, so it just completely threw me!! Normally I’m quite good at statistics as Maths is something which I’ve always enjoyed, but being so unprepared I just couldn’t think straight let alone give an appropriate answer, so I just said they first thing that came to my head and hoped they wouldn’t think of me as a complete idiot. This threw me for the rest of the interview as I just wanted to leave as I was just convinced I wouldn’t get the job and after not hearing back from them for about 3 weeks I decided this must have been the case....UNTIL I got a call in the middle of one of my lectures saying I got the job :D I was so happy....and almost in a state of shock considering how bad I thought the interview had gone, but yeah....I shall be starting that shortly :D . At least this experience has taught me to always be better prepared for interviews though, especially as they can literally ask you just about anything.
Another stressful thing that happened recently was picking my third year options...In psychology all the modules you study in third year are of your choosing, which sounds good on the surface, until we got told that most courses have limited places and fill up within the first minute of the link going live...talk about a rush or what!! So on the day we had to pick I was sat there refreshing the page every 2 seconds until the link appeared and then rushed to select all the ones I wanted...I think I did it correctly, but annoyingly as they don’t show you a copy of what you submitted so now I’ve managed to convince myself that I selected the wrong first choice, selecting psychology of neuroscience as opposed to psychology of exceptional human experiences, which is what I really want to do!! So now I’m just nervously waiting to see what ones I actually get!! :/
Besides that I have finished the majority of assignments now, with only one left to complete and just revision left to be done so for now I am actually enjoying the lull of mad rush of things...
Anywhooooo, more to come later J
p.s. here’s a picture of my cat to liven up this blog.

1 comment:

  1. haha i especially loved the cat photo at the end of the blog :D

    ReplyDelete