Tuesday 26 June 2012

Goalssss


I swear all I have heard lately is goals….goals made in football….career goals…personal goals…goals goals goals…I suppose I wouldn’t have noticed much if only I had goals of my own….I mean I have short term goals, but in terms of my career when I leave Uni, I literally have no idea. The thing about a Psychology degree is that it is so versatile that it provides the starting point for numerous careers, which I used to think was a good thing, until I realized I had no idea what I actually want to do with my life once I complete my degree. Sometimes I envy people doing degrees such as Nursing, as they have such a clear path they can follow, and although they can branch off, ultimately they’re still going to be a nurse.

I have been considering a few careers paths, the first is teaching, which would involve me doing a PGCE in lifelong learning (psychology), and is only a year long and the money is good…

My next option I’m considering is the PGDip in Mental Health Nursing, and would require a further 3 years of study before I could begin earning money.

My third option, is work as a research assistant at Greenwich University at the same time as completing my Phd…so I’d be earning money to support me through my (hopefully funded) studies, but it can take up to 6-8 years to complete…

My fourth and final option is to go through a MET Police Graduate Scheme and work earning money straight away.

So yeahhhh, four very different career options and I have absolutely NO idea which one of these, (if any) that I want to pursue…for now I guess I’m just going to have to continue with my degree in the hopes that one day I have a sudden epiphany and realise what I actually want to do with the rest of my life….
HOWEVER, I do have a few short term goals to be getting on with for the time being…the first (and probably the most pressing) is to pass both my theory and practical driving test in quick succession…it is so depressing having a car yet not being able to drive it…although on the flip side I still need another pay day before I can even afford to insure it, so perhaps it’s a good thing I haven’t passed yet :P ANYWAY I have my theory this week and I am yet to even begin revising (Silly I know) but I will revise…soon…well at some point anyway :P

My next goal is to get a first this year (and my degree overall) although this is probably the least pressing as having sat all my exams I am now at the mercy of the examiners, so there’s nothing more I can do to improve it…I’ve worked out though, even scraping the bare minimum (40) in my exams I’m still guaranteed a 2:1…BUUUUUUUUT I want a first…the perfectionist that I am :P

My third and final goal is to become a Senior Clearing assistant, throughout the main Clearing period. I already meet the first requirement, as I have worked for Clearing previously, and I have just sent off my application…all that’s left to do is to wait for the interview and complete the skills tests and then we’ll see whether I’m good enough for the job!!

So yeahhh, that’s my short term goals for now…fingers crossed I manage to achieve the majority of them…although achieving ALL of them would be amazing!!

Hope you guys have some goals to be aiming for too :)

Bye for nowwwww xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment